The fifth edition of The Hague Cocktail Week returns on Friday 29 September with €8 promotional menus running at premium venues across the city. Participating venues: Blue Blood at Hilton The Hague, Bonobo, By Rem, De Kleine Prins, Gallery 61 @ Novotel Den Haag City Centre, The Gyros Club, Kaai 13, La Mian, The Hague Marriott, Minglemush and The Wings Paradise.
You’re also invited to join us at La Mian on Thursday 5 October for a journey of exploration with Sjaak Pappe, captain of the Rynbende Vintage Genever ship. Based on an original 200 year old heritage recipe, the unique signature flavour of Rynbende Vintage Genever is an ode to the glory days of Dutch craft distillation.
Our one-off dining and cocktail matching event during The Hague Cocktail Week features a menu of La Mian signature dishes all perfectly paired with Rynbende cocktails created by La Mian’s Jimmy Yong. Captain Sjaak will be sharing the fascinating story of Rynbende; past, present and future.
– ‘Rynbende heit de klok’ – the Dutch jenever classic of a shot of Rynbende accompanied by a Dutch beer
– Two oysters accompanied by tataki-style salmon cured in Rynbende Vintage Genever (Vegetarian option: vegetable fried dumplings with a side of padron peppers)
– ‘The Healing Ryn’ – a twist on a Penicillin cocktail with oaky Rynbende Vintage Genever complimented by smokey mezcal, tart lemon, sweet honey and spicy ginger to create an impressively layered drink
– 48 hour slow cooked beef short rib served with black pepper sauce and a side of La Mian’s famous rice (Vegetarian option: Buddha bowl of grilled tofu and vegetables in black bean sauce)
– ‘Ice Tea aan de Ryn’ – refreshing characteristics of both tea and Rynbende Vintage Genever are beautifully matched with floral notes of elderflower
– Yuzu cheesecake with black sesame ice
This exclusive event will be hosted in La Mian’s intimate subterranean dining room.
La Mian Asian Street Food, Nobelstraat 11B, 2513 BC Den Haag
Advance tickets €50 from https://www.lamian.nl/order-online/